Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Bow Holder (Beware, this tutorial may result in extreme cuteness)

When I was shopping yesterday I bought so many bows. They were so cute that I couldn't just store them in a container somewhere! So I went online to find a tutorial to make something to hold all those bows, but I couldn't find one that I liked. A lot of the tutorials used picture frames or chicken wire, and thats just not the look I wanted. So I improvised.

I decided I would make my own tutorial.

First off you will need:

  • Any size canvas you want
  • Material 
  • Quilt Batting 
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Glue Gun


Next, decide how much batting you want to use. I wanted it to be extra fluffy, so I used two layers. Cut out a piece bigger than the canvas. Then cut out a pice of your material bigger than your batting position it on your canvas like so:


Using the hot glue gun, glue the batting to the back of the canvas, making sure you pull tight. Do the same with the material.


Don't worry about the back looking nice and perfect. As long as there are now wrinkles in the front, everything will work fine.



Now for the fun part! The ribbons! I love this because you can do whatever you want. I chose to place them diagonally, but strait up and down would look cute too! Also, I found it easier to pin down the ribbon to keep it in place, but I'm sure it is possible to do this without the pins. 


Lastly, glue the ribbon to the back of the canvas! And there you have it! An adorable bow holder! 



No comments:

Post a Comment